Volume 12, No. 4 (April 2017)
For the past two-and-a-half years, our church’s Worship Choir has embraced a theme verse:
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
My heart exults,
and with my song I give thanks to Him.
Our pastor’s wife painted this verse onto a long wooden plaque, which hangs high on the wall above our rehearsal space in the Choir Room (see photo above). Every Sunday we as a choir look up and recite this verse together right before we go down to the Sanctuary to lead in worship. This practice helps to remind us:
- That the Lord is our hope and our help.
- That as we trust in Him we find Him to be always faithful.
- That all of our worship is in joyful response to God for all that He has first graciously done for us.
- That our grateful song starts first in our hearts, before it ever leaves our lips: “singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart” (Ephesians 5:19).
- That we have the privilege of serving our congregation by inviting them to join with us in raising songs of praise to the Lord.
- That we are serving together with unity of heart and purpose.
This helps to focus us for the ministry before us.